Lemon has so many benefits and so I’m going to share a recipe you can incorporate into your diet to include the ingredient lemon in a fun and delicious way.
My Lemon and Cashew Rice can be eaten on its own or with yoghurt, chutney or poppadums. It can be eaten for lunch or dinner. Any time is a good time for a little mouth-watering lemon and cashew rice!
- Cooked or boiled rice, 1 cup
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1 ½ tbsp
- Olive oil, 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder, ¼ tsp
- 1 small red or white onion, chopped (a shallot can be used instead)
- Cashew nuts, ½ tbsp (or any nut of your choosing)
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- Salt, as per your taste
- Place a saucepan on medium heat and add olive oil to it.
- Once the oil is warm enough, add the chopped onions and green chilli. Sauté for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the cashew nuts, turmeric powder and salt. Give it a mix and add the freshly squeezed lemon juice. Make sure you use fresh lemon juice and not pre-made lemon juice in a bottle as it won’t taste the same.
- Mix all of the above and finally add the cooked rice to the same pan. Stir it lightly so the fluffy rice stays intact/unbroken.
- Serve warm and enjoy it with chutney or yoghurt or on its own.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Lemon is a refreshing and rejuvenating ingredient that helps to lift the lightness of a meal and benefits our health with its high levels of vitamin C, detoxifying, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties too. Try your best to incorporate it into your diet so you too can experience all the benefits.
Enjoy and Namaste,