Becoming part of the Gold Collagen family by purchasing on our site is just the beginning of a long-lasting relationship between us and our customers. We want you to enjoy your best skin, hair and nails yet and feel confident, at any age.
We are here to support you all the way. if you need us just fill in the form or simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
In the meantime, here is a list of questions we are frequently asked, with some helpful answers.
Pure GOLD GOLLAGEN® nutritional liquid beauty supplement is designed for adults who wish to promote healthy and beautiful looking skin, hair and nails or who wish to counteract the visible signs of ageing.
2. Where can I buy the product?
The product can be purchased directly from MINERVA Research Labs at www.gold-collagen.com and at Ulta Beauty stores.
3. Who makes Pure GOLD COLLAGEN®?
MINERVA Research Labs Ltd. registered in the UK with offices in London, New York, and Tokyo. The product is manufactured in a state of the art manufacturing facility in Japan, certified with ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
4. How long has the product been on the market?
Pure GOLD COLLAGEN® was first launched in the UK in 2011.
5. What is collagen?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body needed for the structure and density of the skin. Approximately 80% of young and healthy skin is made up of collagen, however, with time and natural ageing the body’s ability to replenish collagen decreases by about 1.5% per year.
6. What is the difference between the collagen in the skin and the collagen in the product?
The collagen naturally present in our skin, joints, tendons and ligaments has a high molecular weight (~300kDa). If applied on skin topically, it cannot be absorbed and if ingested, it is not easily digested or absorbed. The collagen used in our product is hydrolysed collagen (a smaller peptide form of collagen), which has a lower molecular weight (0.3 – 8KDa). It is easily digested in the stomach and absorbed in the small intestine where it enters the blood stream and reaches the deeper layer of the skin.
7. How does Pure GOLD COLLAGEN® differ from your average anti-ageing cream?
Pure GOLD COLLAGEN® stimulates the cells responsible for the body’s own natural production of collagen, elastin and moisture-retaining hyaluronic acid. It is able to work in the deeper layer of the skin (dermis) and all over the body, whereas creams act on the outer layer of the skin (epidermis) only.
8. Where does the collagen come from?
MINERVA Research Labs uses hydrolysed collagen extracted from fish skin (Tilapia fish); no other animal sources of collagen are used. All fish used to extract the collagen come from fish farms registered by the European Union for the import of edible fish and are deemed fit for human consumption and guaranteed by health certificates signed by official veterinarians.
9. Why are the products in a liquid form rather than tablets?
Aside from being easier to swallow, a liquid is more readily absorbed as soon as it enters the stomach. Daily dosage (50ml) of Pure GOLD COLLAGEN® contains up to 5,000 mg of hydrolysed collagen which can be up to 20 times more than a typical collagen tablet. Tablets and capsules may cost less, but in reality, liquid represents far better value as more hydrolysed collagen can be absorbed and distributed to the body.
10. Does the product contain fish oils, porcine, chicken, beef, antibiotics, hormones (or phyto hormones or phytoestrogens), genetically modified organisms, use of nano technology, gluten, sugars, alcohol, artificial preservatives, or artificial colours?
No, GOLD COLLAGEN® products do not contain any of the above mentioned.
11. Does the product exert narcotic and psychotropic effects or have potent or drastic components, radioactive substances, banned food additives, antibiotics, insecticides and rodenticides?
No, GOLD COLLAGEN® products do not have any of the above mentioned.
12. Is the product suitable for vegetarians?
GOLD COLLAGEN® products contains collagen proteins extracted from the skin of the fish.
13. Is the product halal and kosher?
Yes. We have a certificate from the Islamic and Cultural Centre certifying that the fish-extracted hydrolysed collagen used in Pure GOLD COLLAGEN® is halal. It is also certified kosher and deemed to fully meet the requirements of the Orthodox Jewish Dietary Laws.
14. What does the product taste like?
Pure GOLD COLLAGEN® has a peach and passion fruit flavour and it also has a hint of a spicy note from the black pepper extract (BioperineTM).
15. What is the function of the black pepper extract?
BioperineTM is the black pepper extract clinically proven to increase bioavailability thus enhancing the absorption of nutrients from the formula. Clinical studies carried out in the U.S. demonstrate its safety and efficacy for nutritional use. BioperineTM is patented worldwide.
16. What is the source of hyaluronic acid?
GOLD COLLAGEN® products contain vegetable based hyaluronic acid (HA).
17. Does Pure GOLD COLLAGEN® contain gold?
No. The product does not contain any gold. Pure GOLD COLLAGEN® is a registered trademark belonging to MINERVA Research Labs.
18. What is the difference between Pure Gold Collagen Mini and Pure Gold Collagen?
PURE GOLD COLLAGEN® MINI is exactly the same as PURE GOLD COLLAGEN® except it comes in a more concentrated 30ml size.
19. Doesn’t the stomach acid destroy the collagen preventing it from reaching the dermis (skin’s deeper layer)?
No. The collagen peptides in our product are specifically formulated to retain their structural integrity and cannot be broken down by the stomach acid or enzymes.
20. What is the recommended daily dose and best time of day to take the product?
We recommend drinking 1 bottle (50ml) on an empty stomach for best absorption. Alternatively you can consume the product after meals if you experience indigestion or gastrointestinal upset. We also recommend taking the product as an energy boost because it contains vitamin B6. Pure contains vitamin B6 at 100% Nutrient Reference Value (NRV) formerly known as RDA or recommended daily allowance.
21. Can GOLD COLLAGEN® be taken in combination with other food supplements?
Yes, however, please bear in mind that each product contains ingredients such as vitamins that are already at the maximum recommended daily allowance (RDA, now replaced by NRV Nutrient Reference Value) so you need to ensure that you do not exceed your daily nutritional needs. It would be best to consult with your doctor to ensure you are receiving the optimal amount for your daily nutritional needs.
22. For how long do you need to use the product to see visible results?
The product results will vary depending on the individual and their starting skin, hair, health conditions, diet and lifestyle. According to our clinical trial results, with daily and consecutive use of the product (1x 50ml bottle), one can expect the skin to become more hydrated within 3 weeks, followed by a reduction in fine lines and deeper wrinkles within 6 weeks and an increase in skin elasticity within 9 weeks. Some individuals have reported to experience more positive results and/or at a faster rate than others. Our recommendation is that the product should be taken for 12 weeks in order to realize all its benefits. Thereafter, it is a personal decision to continue, take a break or stop the treatment depending upon one’s own lifestyle and circumstances.
23. What happens when I stop taking the product?
Our research studies show that the level of collagen slowly reverts back to its original level when the GOLD COLLAGEN® treatment started.
24. Can I use the product if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
There are no studies at present that support the use of food supplements during pregnancy or lactation. Therefore, it is not recommended, unless otherwise suggested by your doctor.
25. Are the products tested for quality and safety?
Yes. Laboratory tests are carried out on the finished products to ensure that they are safe for human consumption and meet quality standards.
26. Are there any side effects associated with the GOLD COLLAGEN® products?
If you have experienced allergic reactions to fish or soya products, DO NOT take GOLD COLLAGEN®. Consuming too much collagen i.e. more than 10,000mg (10 grams) per day may lead to a mild gastrointestinal upset.
27. Are the products suitable for diabetics?
Yes. Our product contains natural sweetener Stevia and sucralose. However, if you have any concerns, we recommend consulting your doctor prior to taking GOLD COLLAGEN® products.
28. Can the product be taken with medication?
It is unlikely that they will adversely interact with any medication. However, we recommend that anyone suffering from a serious illness or those who are under medical supervision in general, consult their doctor prior to taking GOLD COLLAGEN® products.
29. Can I take GOLD COLLAGEN® if I am on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)?
Yes. However, we recommend that anyone suffering from a serious illness or those who are under medical supervision in general, consult their doctor prior to taking GOLD COLLAGEN® products.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
*for a limited time only, on PURE MINI while stocks last