When you look for certain products, you should always check the ingredients list to ensure it contains the right stuff your skin needs. Here are a few key ingredients to always look out for:
Vitamin C – a super antioxidant multitasker!
- Brightening up your skin and reducing pigmentation.
- Perfect to use day or night
Vitamin A (retinol) – an anti-ageing powerhouse
- Known to help reduce wrinkles
- Fades dark spots
- Keeps pores healthy and even helps with acne
- Use at night and always use SPF the next day
Hyaluronic Acid – powerful moisture-binding ingredient
- hydrates all skin types, including oily skin which can also be dehydrated
- can attract and hold over 1000 times its weight in water!
Salicylic Acid – one of acne’s biggest enemies
- perfect ingredient for acne prone skin
- helps to exfoliate, unclog pores, neutralise bacteria
- acts as an anti-inflammatory and great for prevention
- can find it in face washes, toners, serums to specialist acne fighting treatments
Glycolic Acid – great for exfoliating
- is an alpha-hydroxy acid derived from sugar cane
- eats away dead skin cells leaving fresh glowing skin behind
- great for evening out skin tone
- after you use it, it allows your other products to penetrate much better
- remember to always use SPF afterwards, as it can make your skin more sensitive to the sun