We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential and make sure we use this information in a way that makes you feel comfortable with as part of the premium shopping experience we want to provide. (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place . We will ensure that all information protection and customer legislation standards are met when handling any of your personal information.
What Information Do We Collect And How Do We Use It?
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include purchasing online, over the phone, in person when you sign up to receive emails from us. We also look at how customers use our website, so that we can offer the best possible experience. We collect information in a number of ways which are listed below:
- When you register or use goldcollagen.com (the "Website")
- When you register on MyGoldCollagen Loyalty Programme
- When you contact our Customer Service by telephone or email or our social platforms
- When you enter any prize draws or competitions run by us
- When completing any surveys that we send to you for research purposes (although you are under no obligation to complete these)
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes
- When you buy products on our websites
- When you visit our stand or purchase products at events we may attend
- When you come and visit our brand ambassadors for skin tests
The details you provide may include (but is not limited to) your name, email address, date of birth, product selections, delivery address, telephone number, credit or debit card number, the card's expiry date and billing address. We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary and consistent with the purpose for which you have given it to us.
When you use our website, we may collect, store and use the following kinds of information:
- Information about your PC and your visits to our website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of pages viewed to administer the website and improve the website and our services to you.
- Information relating to any transactions carried out by you on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/or services. We will use this information to fulfill any order and to communicate with you when necessary.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering and allowing us to send you email notifications and/or promotional information.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of signing up for our newsletters, promotional materials and other services.
- Third Party Organisations: We may combine information you have given to us with additional information made available from / shared with us by external sources. This will only be done when we both have a lawful basis to do so.
- Information updates: From time to time we may screen our database against recognised data files such as National Change of Address file to help us keep our database up to date.
- Social Media: Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
- Information available publicly: We may include information found in places such as Companies House and information that has been published in for example articles/ newspapers / online.
How do we use this data?
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service you’ve requested and to keep you up to date about all the latest exciting Gold Collagen and MINERVA news. We may use your information only for the following purposes:
- Improve your browsing experience by developing and improving the design and layout of the website, through analysis of your usage;
- Process any transactions you make using the website, including contacting you if we have any query regarding orders or responding to any of your queries;
- Carry out credit checks, verifying your identity and other security procedures in relation to the transactions on our website;
- Provide our goods and services to you and for associated purposes;
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Contact you for your feedback on our products and services, including requests for reviews, ratings and satisfaction surveys;
- Contact you regarding your appointments and follow-ups with the Wellness and Health Clinic or in one of our point of sales with one of our Brand Ambassadors for our skint tests.
- Contact you (including by email and SMS) about our products, services, offers which we think may be of interest to you and for market research purposes, subject always to your marketing preferences and consent provided;
- Contact you or permit selected third parties to contact you to provide you information about third party products, services or offers which may be of interest to you, subject always to your marketing preferences and consent provided;
- Provide certain services on the website to you, such as interactive features;
- Post any of your contributions on the website and attribute them to you, including images, videos, articles, reviews and comments;
- Contact you in relation to any prize draws, competitions or other promotions that you have entered or subscribed to;
- For research, analysis and risk management; and
- Enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements and in the detection and prevention of theft, fraud or other crimes.
The basis for our processing of your personal information may vary depending on the different purposes set out above. In order for our use of your personal information to comply with applicable data protection law, that use by us needs to fall under at least one of the specific lawful reasons that are set out in applicable data protection law. Examples of these lawful reasons include our use of your personal information being necessary for the purchase of goods or services, or for compliance with a legal obligation.
- Where your personal information is completely anonymised, we do not require a legal basis to use it as the information will no longer constitute personal information that is regulated under data protection laws. However, our collection and use of such anonymised personal information may be subject to other laws where your consent is required.
- Where your personal information is not in an anonymous form, we will have a lawful reason to use your personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the very best products to you and our other customers. For example, where you have registered to receive email notifications and/or promotional information from us or you agree to take part in a survey the basis of our processing will be subject to your consent, which we will ask for and can be withdrawn at any time. Where you have placed an order from our website the basis of our processing your personal information will be to process your order and perform the sales order contract between us. When you participate in a Gold Collagen competition, prize draw, giveaway or offer, we will collect information about you. This information will be used to administer competitions, including selecting and contacting prize winners. When you become a MyGoldCollagen Loyalty Programme member, we will collect information in order to provide you updates of your points status and the gifts and offers you may be entitled to. For all other purposes noted above, we will only process your personal information for our business’ legitimate interests, such as to improve our website and/or our services and products made available to you.
How Can You Manage The Information We Hold About You?
As part of our commitment to exceptional customer service, where you have provided your consent, we personalise your experience by sending marketing communications about products, services, tips and events that we believe you will be interested in. You have always been able to opt-out of these communications and can manage your preferences as follows:
- If you have an online account, you can manage your communication preferences by logging in to your account here: https://www.gold-collagen.com/uk/customer/account/login/
- Alternatively, contact our Customer Service team either by email at email@example.com, (quoting “Security and Privacy Enquiry”) or by phone between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm, 5 days a week excluding Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays, on +44 (0) 800 4880875 from outside the UK).
- You can also unsubscribe from individual email marketing communications via the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each of our email marketing communications.
It can take up to one week for your preferences to be registered on our system, so you may still receive communications from us during this period.
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
- Your right of access
- Your right to correct information
- Your right to delete information
- Your right to restrict information
- Your right to data portability
- Your right to object
- Your rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling
- Your right to withdraw consent
If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
Should you wish to know more about what information we hold about you including making changes to, or requesting the deletion of, information that we hold about you, you are also entitled by law to make a Data Subject Request. You can make such a request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting “Data Subject Request”). Please note that we may need to exclude certain information as part of your request, e.g. in order to protect the privacy of other individuals or if we are permitted to exclude the information for legal or other reasons.
If you would like to contact the MINERVA Data Protection Officer, please email email@example.com
We make sure that we have information security measures in place to keep your information secure. Where we ask third parties to work on our behalf to deliver an excellent service to you, before sharing information we always make sure that they have sufficient information security measures in place. We will have written contracts with them which provide assurances regarding the protections that they will give to your personal information and their compliance with our data security standards and international transfer restrictions.
We will not share your information with any third parties who might wish to market their goods and services to you unless you have provided your consent. MINERVA does not routinely share information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). If it is necessary we will only do so with the relevant protection in line with data protection legislation requirements.
In certain circumstances, we share and/or are obliged to share your personal information for business administration and legal compliance purposes with third parties outside the MINERVA and GOLD COLLAGEN
We may use your personal information in connection with a business transition (such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or a sale of all of or portion of our assets), to enforce our legal rights and or to protect the rights of third parties and it is in our legitimate interest to do so. In such instances it will be necessary to share your personal information with external professional advisors such as lawyers and accountants, or insurers or financial institutions.
We may use your personal information for legal compliance purposes and to enforce our legal rights. In such instances it will be necessary to share your personal information with external parties such as administrative authorities (HMRC), police and public prosecutors or to comply with a court order. It is our legal obligation to do so.
Data Storage and SECURITY POLICY
Security of our website is of utmost importance to us. We follow the standard procedures and requirements as laid down by applicable law to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and we use the latest in Secure Server Technology (SSL – 128bit encryption) to ensure that all of your personal and transactional information is protected to the highest standards. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share your password with anyone. Although we use advanced security measures to protect your information against loss, misuse and alteration, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the internet, we cannot make absolute guarantees over the security of the information you provide over the internet and as such we cannot be held responsible for it. We will never contact you by email to ask you to send or confirm any of your personal details, if we need any information of this nature we will only contact you by telephone. Never send any sensitive information, such as passwords or credit card information, via email.
MINERVA is committed to keeping your personal information only for so long as is necessary or where we have a legitimate interest to continue doing so. Where MINERVA no longer requires information to be in a format where you can be identified personally, e.g. where we keep information for analytical and research purposes or transaction information, we will remove any personal details about you.
If you have a MyGoldCollagen Loyalty programme account and/or you have registered for a gold-collagen.com account, then we will continue to retain your personal information in order to maintain your account. We understand that some of our customers do not shop with us on a regular basis, but if you have not made a purchase with us for a continuous period of 5 years, then we will delete your account details and all personal information that we hold about you. If you wish to use your account after this time, you will need to sign up to a new account.
If you do not have an account as described above, but you have signed up to receive our marketing communications, then we will only retain your information for as long as we have your consent to send you the best tips, products and trends that we feel are relevant for you.
Where you shop online with us but use our guest checkout path, we will only retain your personal details for a reasonable period of time (maximum up to six months) after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds and guarantees (unless you also receive gold-collagen.com marketing communications, in which case we will add this order information to your customer record).
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of social media networks, our commercial partners or advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
When you contact us
When you contact MINERVA through any channel (including by phone, post, email or social media), we will collect information about you in order to respond to your query, request or feedback. Please note, if you contact MINERVA by phone your call may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes. Additionally, calls may be monitored (without your consent) to allow MINERVA to collect information for security and regulatory purposes.
We may update our policies from time-time by posting a new version on our website, please check regularly to be aware of any updates.
With Minerva Health and Lifestyle Clinic, you can learn in what ways your nutrition and lifestyle affect your body, skin, hair and nails. You can discover how you can eat and drink yourself healthier and feel radiant inside and out.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request using our Contact Us information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|