Did you know… the atomic number for zinc is 30 and its atomic symbol on the periodic table of elements is Zn?
Zinc, Zinc, Zinc
Zinc is a chemical element which provides so many benefits and we only need a small amount to reap the benefits of this ingredient. If you have a zinc deficiency, it can speed up the ageing process in both men and women, increase acne and more. Without zinc you would suffer from hair loss, digestive problems, low immunity, slow wound healing, appetite changes. So, it’s very clear that we need zinc in our diet. Good sources of zinc are dairy foods, bread, shellfish and meat.
- Helps fight acne
- Acts as an antioxidant that helps to fight free-radical damage
- Slows the ageing process down
- Makes new cells and enzymes
- Helps to process carbohydrates, fat and protein in our food
- Supports wound healing
- Strengthens hair
- Improves cuticles
- Vital for a healthy immune system as it protects your body against bacteria and viruses
- Plays an important role in your eye health
The NHS advise that you shouldn’t take more than 25mg of zinc supplements a day unless you have been advised by your doctor to do so.