Did you know…vitamin D is also known as the sunshine vitamin?
Your body naturally produces vitamin D when it is exposed to the sun, but we always need a boost every now and then. A great source of vitamin D is red meat, egg yolks, fortified foods like some cereal, liver and oily fish like salmon or fresh tuna.
- Helps to regulate calcium and phosphate in your body
- These help to keep your bones, teeth and muscles healthy
- Vitamin D could help to reduce depression
- Contributes to skin cell growth, repair and metabolism
- Helps to destroy free radicals that can cause premature ageing.