Did you know… Tomatoes are a fruit, but we tend to use it as a vegetable instead?
Tomatoes are a great source of nutrients like minerals, antioxidants, vitamins and have several health benefits. Tomatoes are very easy to grow which is why they are a big staple food for many countries. They taste great in a salad and are hydrating, but the benefits also extend to it maintaining healthy teeth, bones, hair and skin. Tomatoes contain key carotenoids such as lutein and lycopene and these two carotenoids help to protect your eyes.
- Rich in antioxidants
- Help with stomach health
- Reduces blood pressure
- Can provide relief from diabetes, skin problems and urinary tract infections too
- Improves your digestion
- Helps to stimulate blood circulation
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Helps to detoxify the body
- Prevents premature ageing
- Reduces inflammation