- Organic Brussel sprouts, 1 bowl
- Firm tofu, 5-8 small cubes
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- Fresh lemon juice, 2 tsps
- Fresh ginger, (one thumb size)
- Olive oil, 2 tbsp
- Soya sauce, 1 tbsp
- Black pepper (for taste)
- On a griddle pan, place some firm tofu squares, drizzle with olive oil and some salt.
- Let it cook on each side until you get the lovely charred marks on both sides.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a large mixing bowl, add Brussel sprouts thereafter toss them well combining some olive oil, garlic, roughly chopped red peppers, black pepper, and fresh lemon juice.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, until the sprouts are browned and tender on the inside.
- Once this is done, add tofu to the sprouts and drizzle some soya sauce, and julienned ginger, and its all ready to eat. Serve warm and directly from the oven to the table.
You will fall in love with this! If you are not a fan of tofu, you can always use salmon or a hard boiled egg instead.
Dr. Vidhi Pandya Patel | R&D Consultant and Nutritionist