Spring Onions have so many benefits and I always recommend to my patients they should and try and use a combination of spring onions and turmeric. When I cook, I try to use all the greens that I can and throw it into any dish I make. So, I’ll share my quick and easy recipe to use spring onions in your dishes, without any hassle!
Here is my Spicy Baby Potatoes, Asparagus and Spring Onion Salad Recipe:
- 4-5 baby potatoes
- A bunch of tender and trimmed asparagus
- A bunch of spring onions, roughly chopped in medium sized pieces
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- A clove of garlic, crushed
- Fresh lemon
- Put the potatoes in boiling water
- Roughly chop the asparagus and spring onion, crush or finely chop the garlic.
- Take a pan, add a spoon of olive oil. Allow it to heat and add the asparagus and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Now add the spring onions, salt, black pepper and clove of crushed garlic.
- Add the boiled potatoes. If you don’t want to add potatoes, you can replace it with tofu or white fish chunks.
- Nearly there! Finally, add a good squeeze of fresh lemon and all done!
(If you’re a spice foodie, add some chilli flakes at the end to treat your taste buds after a long work day.)
Namaste and see you next time.