The last leg of summer has begun but there is still plenty of time for a late summer holiday or a weekend mini break. Despite holidays being a lot of fun, packing for them can be a real chore. I mostly take too much but in recent years have gotten a bit better at travelling light, yet bringing all the essentials.
Apart from taking the essentials like clothing, toiletries and basic technology (phone charger, converter, headphones etc.) I have realised that two things have become increasingly important to me
- I don’t want to overindulge on my holidays so I try to pack healthy foods to keep me away from fast food and that sugary ice-cream many of us like to snack on
- I want to take care of my skin just as well as I do at home, so I always bring my must have skincare items
Previously I often ended up feeling unhealthy after my holiday, but then I noticed it should really be the contrary.
So, my “holiday resolution” is to take the following items when I travel, to ensure I can feel good wherever I go.
My TOP 4 must have FOODS:
- Medjool Dates
They both give you healthy fruit sugars when you need that kick
- Bag of mixed nuts like almonds, pistachios and walnuts
Nuts are great to give you an energy boost and are packed with protein
- PURE GOLD COLLAGEN MINI (I count one for each day so pack accordingly)
This is my new best friend. All you need is one bottle to get the right amount of nutrients, minerals and vitamins. Easy! Oh, and it is good for the skin too. So, for me, it really serves two purposes.
My TOP 4 must have SKINCARE items:
- SPF: 30 or 50 (based on the destination)
- My home made skin cleanser: 100gm chick pea flour and 3 teaspoons of turmeric powder. Mix this well and take it in a Ziploc bag. When needed, just put a spoonful in a bowl and mix it with some cold water. Apply the paste to the face and relax. Wash off after 10-15 minutes. You will have a clean, detoxified skin - all ready for that evening dinner!
- A good quality organic lipbalm or light lipstick
- GOLD COLLAGEN® HYDROGEL MASK
I have to say they are so refreshing and give an instant boost of hydration. Perfect when your skin is tired and needs suppleness and moisture…esp. after long flights or sun exposure.