Many find it difficult to incorporate Pineapple into their recipes but lucky for you here is one you can try!
I'm a fan of Mexican foods and I always try my best to make my own fresh salsa and other accompaniments. Of course, I love the original tomato based saucy salsa. However sometimes when I feel like mixing and matching to suit my taste buds, I make this tangy salsa recipe!
- Pineapple(one bowl)
- One tomato, sliced
- One small onion, sliced
- A bunch of fresh coriander (or cilantro), washed and chopped
- Lime juice, to taste
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Red or yellow bell pepper, sliced
- A handful of pine nuts
- Honey, 1 tsp
- Put a griddle pan on medium heat (or you can use an oven but it will take longer).
- Place 4 slices of fresh pineapple on the pan and grill it on both sides till you can see the charred lines. The charring will help give it a slightly smoky flavour and it looks great too.
- Let it cool down and then roughly chop the grilled pineapple.
- Take a big bowl and add the roughly chopped grilled pineapple pieces.
- Next add the chopped tomato, onion, bell peppers, pine nuts, tsp of honey and coriander. Give it a gentle mix.
- Next add the lime juice, salt and black pepper as per your preference.
- Toss the ingredients in the bowl and refrigerate for an hour.
- Open a bag of good quality nachos and enjoy this fresh, healthy and low calories pineapple salsa.