Did you know Avocados are full of nutrients that are essential to a balanced diet? They taste great and are upheld by the health community!
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 tsp of toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- freshly ground white pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of pea shoots
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Segment the grapefruit over a bowl to catch any juices and squeeze excess juice from the membranes.
- Use 1/4 cup of the grapefruit juices for the dressing. Whisk it into the olive oil, sesame oil, maple syrup, a pinch of white pepper and a pinch of sea salt.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.
- Gently toss the fennel and pea shoots in half of the dressing. Arrange on two plates and place the grapefruit and avocado on the top. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the fruit.
The Bottom Line
And there you have it, a delicious Grapefruit and Avocado recipe. Remember avocados are full of vitamin E and grapefruits are immunity boosters full of antioxidants so try and add more of these ingredients to your diet to keep your body happy.