When you think of January, you think of great shopping sales, rainy weather and Dry January. Dry January sounds very serious but it's all about not drinking alcohol for this one month to help "millions reset their relationship with alcohol every year."
We're all about the collagen and alcohol is actually not good for our collagen production, so we're 100% behind Dry January! To make this month easier on you, we've created a delicious mocktail that is great for your skin, hair and nails so you can still party in style. Check out the list of ingredients and method below!
- 1 bottle of Pure Gold Collagen or Pure Gold Collagen Mini
- 1 oz (or 30ml) of passion fruit puree, without seeds
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp of star anise powder
- 4 tsp of agave syrup
- 5-6 thin slices of freshly cut ginger
- 2-3 oz (60-90ml) of sparkling water
- 1 oz (30ml) of cold water
- 1-2 tbsp of tonic water to taste, optional
- a few ice cubes
- a lime wedge to decorate the glass edge
- Combine all the ingredients, excluding the sparkling water, tonic water and ice cubes, in a thermos flask or lidded container.
- Shake well a couple of times, to make sure it is mixed properly.
- Now you can add the following to this mix: the sparkling water however many ice cubes you want to add.
- Add the tonic water and mix it gently. Take a large glass (best to use a Collins glass) and pour the mix in it.
- Finally, decorate the glass with a lime wedge.
Now you're all set to drink a tasty non-alcoholic drink in keeping with Dry January.