Did you know Celery keeps 80 to 99% of its antioxidants after cooking or steaming?
What is it about Celery?
Celery is a light green marshland plant from the Apiaceae family. It needs to be incorporated into more meals and not just used as a stick for dipping into houmous or peanut butter, in salads or stews. Celery is available all year round but the British season for Celery focuses from July to late February. Celery has so many positive benefits that we need to explore.
- A good source of copper, calcium, and vitamin B2. C and B6
- Excellent source of antioxidants
- Has a high percentage of water and electrolytes
- Boosts digestion and reduces bloating
- Contains anti-microbial properties
- Lowers inflammation