Did you know... did you know, broccoli originated in Italy and has been eaten there ever since the time of ancient Romans in the 6th Century BC?
What’s the deal with broccoli?
We all know what broccoli is and if you don’t well you’ve been hiding in a cave and should get out there and try some. Broccoli is a green plant from the cruciferous family (cabbage, garden cress, brussels sprouts, cauliflower etc). Broccoli is packed with so many nutritional benefits that many have classed this mini green tree as a superfood.
- Good source of fibre and protein
- Contains iron, potassium, calcium, selenium and magnesium
- Packed with vitamins A, E, K and a few B vitamins
- Also contains vitamin C a powerful antioxidant that protects against damaging free radicals
- Good source of folate (folic acid)
- Can possibly help to reduce the risk of heart disease
- Aids good eye health thanks to it containing carotenoids such as lutein