Did you know... black pepper (Peppercorn) comes in different colours? They can be green, black, white or even red.
You might be familiar with black pepper as it’s a staple on the kitchen table. It’s dried and used as a seasoning commonly known as peppercorn. It may help to bring your dish to life but it’s time to realise the full potential of that black pepper. It is not a seasonal plant so it’s available all year long so check below for the benefits that come with this flavour bursting ingredient.
- Enhances bioavailability – maximising the efficiency of the food we consume
- Has antibacterial properties which is why it is used to preserve foods
- A great anti-inflammatory agent
- Rich source of minerals like copper, magnesium, calcium, iron and vitamins
- Facilitates your digestion and promotes intestinal health