Did you know... Ancient Egyptian artists used beeswax to make paint and Romans used it as a skin softener?
Beeswax is a natural skin protectant which soothes and hydrates our skin. Why is Beeswax the ideal ingredient to have in a topical? Quite simple really, beeswax is a natural ingredient and is non-toxic and is a great thickening agent. It helps to thicken cream, making it easier to spread on the skin and the plus side of beeswax is that it doesn’t suffocate skin or clog pores.
- Forms a protective barrier against environmental stressors
- Locks in moisture and reduces dryness
- Good source of vitamin A
- Amazing for hydration as beeswax attracts water molecules
- Anti-allergenic properties
- Commonly used for lowering cholesterol and relieving pain
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Has antiviral properties
With its multitude of benefits, Beeswax is a versatile ingredient that should be a staple in at least two of your skincare products.