Asparagus is a delicious green vegetable. It is considered to be one of the top-ranked fruits and vegetables for its ability to neutralise cell-damaging free radicals. Find out more benefits below!
Benefits of Asparagus:
- Asparagus aids your digestion
- May help our brains fight cognitive decline. It delivers folate, which works with vitamin B12 and can also be found in fish, poultry, meat and dairy to help prevent cognitive impairment
- Rich nutrient profile
- Low-calorie count
- High in folate, a nutrient that is vital for a healthy pregnancy especially during the early stages of pregnancy
- Excellent source of vitamin K, an essential nutrient for blood clotting and bone health
- high in antioxidants such as vitamin C (just like Pure Gold Collagen)
- Anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties
- Contains high levels of the amino acid asparagine, which serves as a natural diuretic. Increased urination not only releases fluid but helps rid the body of excess salts. This is especially beneficial for people who suffer from oedema (an accumulation of fluids in the body's tissues) and those who have high blood pressure or other heart-related diseases.
THE BOTTOM LINE
It is clearly a very powerful vegetable with many health benefits and definitely something to include in your diet!