Spring Onions are tiny but mighty. They are available all year round and are easy to grow in your own back garden or even in a vegetable patch on your balcony.
So, what exactly are spring onions? They’re considered to be young miniature onion, which is harvested before they have fully matured. Therefore, they have a similar onion taste, but it is much milder.
Spring Onions Benefits:
- High in nearly all trace minerals like copper, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, potassium as well as chromium
- Very low in saturated fats making it the best foods to aid in lowering cholesterol
- Low in sodium which helps against water retention and with the liver detoxification process
- Clinically proven to lower blood sugar levels in the most natural way, provided it is consumed regularly a few times per week
- One of the best vegetables for controlling and lowering blood pressure levels
- It contains an active compound in onions called “Allicin”, which is a good skin cleanser and an excellent anti-ageing agent
- A strong source of anti-inflammatory flavonoids such as Quercetin, which helps to boost our immune system and is great for hay fever or respiratory allergies
THE BOTTOM LINE
Spring Onions are tasty and can help with your blood sugar levels, blood pressure levels, are low in saturated fats and sodium.