Since the days of Popeye, spinach has always been famous for its ability to make you "strong to the finish." This super powerful green leafy vegetable is packed with benefits!
- Spinach contains 13 different antioxidants and anti-cancer flavonoids
- Contains a unique and beneficial mixture of phytonutrients and carotenoids
- Dense in vitamins and minerals
- great source of iron
- Amazing source of dietary potassium and magnesium (2 very important electrolytes necessary for maintaining human health.
- Low in calories
- Versatile in cooking
- Good source of zinc, dietary fibres, phosphorus, B vitamin including B9 (folic acid), a very important nutrient for normal cell division during pregnancy for the developing infant
- Nourishing for the eyes and building bones
- Very good for digestion. It eases constipation and protects the mucus lining of the stomach.
- It's a mild detoxicant, so it will help you to flush out toxins from the colon
The Bottom Line
Spinach is an evergreen vegetable, super delicious and nutrient dense. Try to always have 2 handfuls per day to support your bodies gut and to have a secure source of vitamin intake. Always buy local and organic if you can. Make sure you give it a good wash before you eat it because it's been reported that 97% of conventional spinach samples contain pesticides residues.
Spinach Detox Smoothie Recipe!
Adding Spinach into smoothies adds a refreshing aspect and it is highly digestible, helps keep you energised throughout the day and nourishes you from the inside out.
- 1 kiwi
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup of pineapple
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 cup of water
Peel the kiwi and banana. Remove the outside of the pineapple too. Cut all ingredients into chunks apart from the spinach. Next, add them to the blender. Next add the water. Simply blend all the ingredients together and drink it slowly and enjoy how delicious it is!