Keep reading to find out our fun tips, tricks and hair mask recipes to keep your skin glowing and hair looking healthy and luscious.
It’s June meaning summer has finally arrived!
With the summer holidays approaching, all we can think about is spending time in the sun, relaxing on the beach with a cold drink or taking a refreshing dip in the sea. We all deserve time to relax in the summer sun, but we must be careful as the sun can have damaging effects on us. Unfortunately, the summer heat can dry our skin and hair out.
So, what three basic things can you do to protect yourself?
- If you want to sunbathe, make sure you wear SPF to protect yourself against UV damage.
- Remember the higher the SPF number, the better
- Wear a hat to protect your head from direct sun exposure
- Drink a lot of fluids. Keep your skin hydrated by drinking a lot of water.
- You can also drink our Pure Gold Collagen liquid beauty supplement which includes the highest quality hydrolysed collagen. It’s perfect for hot weather as you can keep it in the fridge as a refreshing drink.
How can you protect your hair and scalp from the sun?
- Get your hair shiny and healthy with a natural hair mask!
- Mash a ripe avocado with one egg till it’s pretty much a lumpy mess and simply apply it to your hair. Leave it in for at least 20 minutes and then rinse several times to make sure there’s none left behind. You’ll fall in love with the natural shine.
- Moisturise with a hair mask
- Did you know honey is an emollient meaning, it is great at retaining moisture and prevents hair from falling out thanks to its rich antioxidant properties? Mix honey with a few drops of olive oil. Apply to your hair in sections until it is covered, then cover with a plastic cap for thirty minutes. Shampoo, Rinse and style.
- A hair mask that keeps dandruff away?
- This is going to sound crazy, but you can put apple cider vinegar in your salad and on your head. It contains ingredients that make hair stronger, shinier and healthier. It regulates your scalps pH level stopping irritation that leads to dandruff. Mix apple cider vinegar with coconut oil and you have a winning formula! Coconut oil conditions and nourishes the scalp and Apple Cider Vinegar contains Ascorbic Acid and probiotics which detoxify and clean the scalp.
Mix 2 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar with 1 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 tbsp of water. Let the mask soak in to your hair for 10 minutes and simply rinse it off.