Here are 7 ways you can make someone smile today!
- Be creative! Buy a friend or colleague a gag gift that will bring a smile to their face every time they see it.
- Compliment freely. Don’t keep that compliment in your head, say it. Don’t be afraid to tell someone they have a nice haircut or outfit, just make sure you keep it genuine.
- Call an old friend. Reminisce about memories which are sure to bring a smile to your face and your friends.
- Be spontaneous! A moment of spontaneity lifts the mood.
- We all take things for granted whether we meant to or not, so maybe it’s time you express your gratefulness.
- Bring in some baked goods! Baked goods instantly put people in a great mood. (This should only apply to those who can bake tasty treats…)
- Be encouraging. Be that person who lifts others up and supports them.
Why do this?
- You get to see the positive effective your action has on someone. As their face lights up, you’ll feel happier.
- It’s just a good thing to do.
- It will also boost your self-esteem.
- Many believe in: you get what you give. If we treat others well, we’ll be treated well too.
- It’s time to be the change you’ve wanted to see.