When it comes to hair, we seem to think a wash and condition is all the treatment it needs. But why deprive your hair of a nutritious hair mask, giving you that healthy and shiny mane you’ve always wanted? Check out a few amazing natural hair masks that you simply need to try!
Honey + Cinnamon + Olive Oil = Glossy hair
- Combine 2 tablespoons of honey with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder and enough olive oil till it forms a paste.
- Rub the paste on your scalp (make sure you cover it all!) and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with water and then use shampoo to ensure the mask is no longer on your scalp.
Avocado + Egg = shiny and healthy hair
- Mash a ripe avocado with one egg till it’s pretty much a lumpy mess and simply apply it to your hair.
- Leave it in for at least 20 minutes and then rinse several times to make sure there’s none left behind. You’ll fall in love with the natural shine!
Honey+ Olive Oil = moisturising hair mask
Did you know honey is an emollient, meaning it is great at retaining moisture and prevents hair from falling out thanks to its rich antioxidant properties?
- Mix the honey with a few drops of olive oil.
- Apply it to your hair in sections until it is covered, then cover with a plastic cap for thirty minutes.
- Shampoo, rinse and style.
Apple Cider Vinegar + Coconut Oil + Water = a winning no-dandruff formula!
Coconut Oil conditions and nourishes the scalp and Apple Cider Vinegar contains Ascorbic Acid and probiotics which detoxify and clean the scalp.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Let the mask soak into your hair for 10-20 minutes and then simply rinse it off.