Today I am going to talk about one of the most important parts of your facial muscles - your lips. Many find it hard to achieve healthy hydrated lips in both the winter and summer. Dry lips call for much needed care but have become one of the most ignored health concerns. To tackle this problem, you need to constantly keep your lips moisturised by regularly drinking water.
The weather isn’t all you have to protect your lips from, you must protect your lips against bad habits. Avoid the following three habits for your lips to look great.
- Do not wait for the problem to go away because if you don’t deal with it, it will come back.
- Do not lick your lips as it can actually make things worse.
- Do not pick at your lips.
You cannot hide the damage to your lips, it will simply come back unless you fix the root of the problem.
Hydration plays an important role in your lips health, but not many know that the balance of certain vitamins also plays a vital role. If your diet is low in Vitamin B you are more prone to dryness and chapped lips. You can positively impact your lips health by adding the following to your diet: fortified cereals, grains, spinach, watercress, kale, milk, cheese, eggs and silken tofu.
You don’t think twice about using your lips, so why think twice about looking after them? We expose our lips to harsh external factors such as pollution, cigarette smoke, poor quality lipsticks or lip glosses with toxic drying chemicals. Your lips health can also be affected if you suffer from other health conditions. The Gold Collagen Anti-Ageing Lip Volumiser works brilliantly to combat these factors. It is great for those who need hydration on the go with the added benefit of a natural anti-ageing effect for their lips. It is an innovative lip balm which contains a mix of intensely nourishing active ingredients such as collagen, beeswax, shea butter and coconut oil to help repair the moisture barrier giving you smooth and defined lips. With the Gold Collagen Anti-Ageing Lip Volumiser you will benefit daily with some users experiencing increased lip hydration by up to 60%.
Here are 6 simple tips for you to add to your lip care routine for better results:
- Avoid lip balms that contain camphor, eucalyptus and menthol. Some products contain these ingredients to provide a quick yet temporary volumising effect.
- Always apply lip balm before you go to bed. This will give your lips time to heal and stay hydrated throughout the night, so once you wake up you’ll have fresh and supple lips.
- Use a good lip balm that has Beeswax, Shea Butter or Coconut Oil. These ingredients have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties and can help to keep your lips in a healthy state.
- Keep the Gold Collagen Anti-Ageing Lip Volumiser in your bag all year round. It keeps your lips in shape and looking luscious without undergoing any harsh treatments or chemicals.
- Eat foods rich in Vitamin B Complex
- Stay hydrated by drinking at least 8-9 glasses of lukewarm water per day
You’ve now got all the information you need to ensure you can have healthy hydrated lips for the new year ahead!